Patient Education Resources
For detailed informational sheets published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), please visit http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/.
For additional information on vaccines, please visit the following sites:
- Keep Your Child Safe - The Injury Prevention Program (TIPP) from the AAP. Age specific information about protecting your child from injuries
- Recalled products - An important site maintained by the Consumer Product Safety Commission that has lists of recalled products, toys, etc.
- Nhtsa - Car Seat Information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Car seat guide - Car safety guidelines from the AAP
- Preparing to Handle Disasters - The AAP's Family Readiness Kit. Information on how to prepare and work with your child after disasters such as death, fire, severe weather, and terrorism
- Pesticides - General info about use and choice of pesticides and recommendations on how to create a safe environment for your family, supported by the EPA
- Lead - Information from the EPA
- Mercury - Mercury Survival Guide from the Sierra Club
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional.